How to Get Ready for Your Baby’s Arrival 0
Congratulations! Your Baby’s Almost Here! Here’s What to Do Until the Big Day!
So, you’ve been pregnant for a while, and your delivery date is right around the corner. It’s time to get ready for that magical day! By now, you’ve done a lot to prepare for your precious little one’s arrival. You’ve probably stocked up on baby necessities and received all kinds of great baby items. You’ve probably enjoyed a baby shower in your honor. You’ve watched your belly expand, and felt those fun little kicks from inside. You’ve heard the swishing of the little heartbeat, had ultrasounds, and witnessed the growth of the beautiful life inside you. You’re ready! And, now, you wait.
Here are some tips for getting ready for baby’s arrival.
- Have your hospital bag packed and ready to go! Read here.
- Have your baby’s bed (crib, bassinet, etc.) ready with mattress, a clean mattress pad, and clean fitted sheet on it. Have additional washed fitted sheets on hand.
- Have your baby’s diaper changing station ready – with a changing pad and a clean cover on it, and additional clean pad covers on standby. Have a stash of diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, hand sanitizer, etc., nearby
- Have the baby car seat installed, and have it inspected (such as by the California Highway Patrol or another safety agency) to make sure it’s safe and installed correctly. Check here for an inspection location near you.
- Wash all baby clothes, bibs, burp cloths, sheets, blankets, towels, wash cloths, etc. in a baby safe detergent (such as Dreft).
- Depending on whether you will be nursing or bottle feeding, have whatever supplies you need cleaned, sanitized, and ready (i.e. bottles, nipples, breast pump parts, etc.) and any formula (if needed) on hand.
- Have some pictures taken of yourself (so you can commemorate this special time in your life).
- Write a letter to your unborn child.
- Prepare a baby book and/or journal.
- Get organized.
- Relax and pamper yourself.
- Get some rest.
Revel in the excitement of this amazing gift that’s about to come into your life! You have lots to look forward to!
- Lori Granieri
- Tags: baby advice baby on the way baby preparation baby readiness baby tips getting ready for baby helpful baby advice how to get ready for baby how to prep for baby how to prepare for baby new baby tips new mom advice new mom tips new mom to do pregnancy advice prepare for baby prepare for baby arrival prepare for new baby preparing for baby