Beach Days with Baby 0
How to Have a Fun Beach Day with Baby
If you’re planning to take your baby to the beach, here are a few tips for making it the best experience possible!
Some baby beach day recommendations:
If a baby is six months or younger, keep them in the shade completely. Most doctors don’t recommend sunscreen for babies this young, yet their skin is very sensitive and would burn very easily. If you do decide to take a baby this young to the beach, do so with extreme caution. Better yet, if possible, wait until they’re older. Some experts say you should wait until your baby is at least one year old before taking them to the beach. Again, if you do take them, keep them shaded and cool, and preferably for short periods of time during cooler parts of the day.
For older babies and toddlers, it’s best to keep them out of the sun between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. (the hottest time of the day). Again, keep them shaded, especially during the sunniest times. Keep them loaded up with sunscreen! Lather them up before leaving for the beach. Do it again when you get there, and then, reapply every two hours. Use a baby safe sunscreen, preferably a stick version for the face, and lotion for the body.
Make sure your little one wears a hat and sunglasses at all times. And, keep them hydrated! Take lots of water and other healthy fluids with you and have them drink throughout the day.
Also, bring healthy snacks, depending on their age, and what they are able to eat yet. If they’re eating solid foods, some options include cut-up fruit, such as watermelon, bananas, strawberries, mango, peaches, and pears, as well as snacks like applesauce, dry cereal, and any other favorites.
Bring an umbrella for shade. Use blankets, towels, or mats, and create a safe, shady spot for your baby to relax and play, and maybe, nap.
Bring swim diapers (and other diapers), wipes, a change of clothes, bottles or cups, and formula or expressed breast milk (if applicable). Bring bags for trash, dirty diapers, wet clothes, etc. It’s also a good idea to bring a first aid kit. You might also want to bring a spray bottle with cold water in it to spray on baby if they get too hot.
Bring toys, depending on your baby’s age. This can include sand toys, water toys, a ball, or other toys baby might play with on the mat or blanket. Some people recommend bringing a small inflatable baby pool to let baby play in.
You might also want to bring a lightweight baby blanket in case it gets cool or breezy, or for when your baby takes a nap. Make sure you have a great bag for packing baby’s beach goods (shop bags here).
Beach days with babies and toddlers are lots of fun! These are some of the ways to prepare and make them even more enjoyable!
Baby Beach Day Packing List
- Beach Bag
- Wagon (for hauling stuff)
- Blankets, towels, beach mats
- Baby blanket (such as muslin, or light cotton)
- Cooler/ice chest
- Sunscreen (including baby sunscreen)
- Sun Hat
- Swim Diapers
- Regular Diapers
- Water, beverages
- Bottles, sippy cups, other cups
- Formula or expressed breast milk
- Robe or cover-up
- Change of clothes
- Sandals, flip-flops, or water shoes
- Bags for trash, dirty diapers, wet clothes
- Toys (sand and other)
- First aid kit
- Water spray bottle
- Small inflatable baby pool
- Apply sunscreen before you go, once you get there, and every 2 hours!
- Use sunscreen stick for the face!
- Keep baby shaded, protected from the sun, and cool.
- Keep baby hydrated.
Visit www.kabanakids.com for all your beach family needs! Send us your comments to email@example.com. Sign up for our newsletter for updates and specials. Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your summer photos @kabanakids
- Lori Granieri
- Tags: baby beach baby beach day baby beach day trips baby beach how to baby beach tips baby beach trip baby beach trips baby firsts baby travel babys first beach day babys first beach trip babys first trip to the beach beach baby beach day with baby beach day with toddler beach family fun beach life with baby beach toddler beach with baby beach with toddler family beach day family beach trip fun baby beach day how to take baby to beach how to take toddler to beach plan baby beach day plan baby beach trip plan day at beach with baby safe baby beach day tips for beach with baby what to bring to the beach with baby what to bring to the beach with toddler
The Perfect Family Beach Bag 0
The perfect family beach day starts with the perfect beach bag! Kabana Kids’ signature Beachy Diaper Bags were made for this! They’re not just “diaper bags”; they’re made to go with you and your family to the beach and everywhere else!
When choosing the right beach bag for your family, you’ll want one that’s large, roomy, soft and strong, and easy to pack and carry. The best beach bags are versatile, convenient, portable, convertible, and stylish. Here are some things to look for when selecting your family beach bag.
Tips for choosing the perfect family beach bag:
Large and Roomy – your beach bag should be able to carry a lot! When going to the beach, especially with kids, you’ll likely bring along all kinds of stuff. The right bag allows you to pack it all in! See beach bag packing tips below.
Soft Yet Strong and Sturdy – a soft bag lets you expand your bag as much as you need, so you can pack as much or as little as you wish, and also lets you store it away and pack it up without taking up too much room. A sturdy bag travels well, holds up throughout all your outings and adventures, and lasts over time. Kabana Kids’ bags are made of soft yet sturdy cotton canvas, are fully lined inside, have a tough waterproof bottom and a large, sturdy zipper on top.
Easy to Carry – backpack straps can very useful. Kabana Kids’ beach bags include two sets of straps, for extra convenience and versatility: one set allows you to carry it as a tote or over the shoulder; the other set allows you to wear it as a backpack!
Waterproof – having a bag that’s waterproof on the bottom is a huge bonus! You can set it on wet sand and the inside of your bag won’t get wet. Kabana Kids’ beach bags have luxurious non-toxic vegan leather on the bottom for extra safe protection.
More Convenient Features – pockets inside and out are great for holding things like wallets, cell phones, keys, etc.; a strong zipper on top keeps things from spilling out; lining inside adds to durability; and great construction means your bag will hold up over time. Kabana Kids’ beach bags have all these great features and more!
Stylish – looks also matter when it comes to a great beach bag! Be sure to choose one that matches your family’s beach style. Kabana Kids’ beach bags are casual beachy-chic, and come in six fun beachy (as well as nautical and tropical colors): Coastal Sky, Pink Sand, Tropical Green, Coconut, Sand & Navy, and Deep Navy. Check them out here! Our bags coordinate stylishly and conveniently with our Beachy Play Mats (awesome beach mats for kids of all ages). See them here! You can also buy them as a bundle here!
- Towels and/or mats
- Lip balm
- Pouches (for carrying smaller items)
- Water and beach toys
- Extra bags (for trash, wet things, seashells, etc.)
Family beach days are the best days! Make all your beach days great, starting with the perfect beach bag!
Also, tag your photos on Instagram with Kabana Kids’ products #kabanakids
- Lori Granieri
- Tags: beach backpack beach bag beach bag backpack beach bag diaper bag beach bag ideas beach bag tips beach diaper bag beach essentials beach gear beach travel bag beachy diaper bag blue beach bag chic beach bag choosing a beach bag colorful beach bag convenient beach bag convertible beach bag diaper bag beach bag eco friendly beach bag ecofriendly beach bag environmentally friendly beach bag family beach bag family beach day family beach essentials family beach gear family beach stuff fun at the beach how to choose a beach bag how to choose family beach bag how to pack a beach bag large and roomy beach bag large beach bag perfect beach days perfect family beach bag planning a day at the beach planning family beach day planning family beach trip stylish beach bag versatile beach bag waterproof beach bag what to pack in beach bag