Beach Days with Baby 0
How to Have a Fun Beach Day with Baby
If you’re planning to take your baby to the beach, here are a few tips for making it the best experience possible!
Some baby beach day recommendations:
If a baby is six months or younger, keep them in the shade completely. Most doctors don’t recommend sunscreen for babies this young, yet their skin is very sensitive and would burn very easily. If you do decide to take a baby this young to the beach, do so with extreme caution. Better yet, if possible, wait until they’re older. Some experts say you should wait until your baby is at least one year old before taking them to the beach. Again, if you do take them, keep them shaded and cool, and preferably for short periods of time during cooler parts of the day.
For older babies and toddlers, it’s best to keep them out of the sun between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. (the hottest time of the day). Again, keep them shaded, especially during the sunniest times. Keep them loaded up with sunscreen! Lather them up before leaving for the beach. Do it again when you get there, and then, reapply every two hours. Use a baby safe sunscreen, preferably a stick version for the face, and lotion for the body.
Make sure your little one wears a hat and sunglasses at all times. And, keep them hydrated! Take lots of water and other healthy fluids with you and have them drink throughout the day.
Also, bring healthy snacks, depending on their age, and what they are able to eat yet. If they’re eating solid foods, some options include cut-up fruit, such as watermelon, bananas, strawberries, mango, peaches, and pears, as well as snacks like applesauce, dry cereal, and any other favorites.
Bring an umbrella for shade. Use blankets, towels, or mats, and create a safe, shady spot for your baby to relax and play, and maybe, nap.
Bring swim diapers (and other diapers), wipes, a change of clothes, bottles or cups, and formula or expressed breast milk (if applicable). Bring bags for trash, dirty diapers, wet clothes, etc. It’s also a good idea to bring a first aid kit. You might also want to bring a spray bottle with cold water in it to spray on baby if they get too hot.
Bring toys, depending on your baby’s age. This can include sand toys, water toys, a ball, or other toys baby might play with on the mat or blanket. Some people recommend bringing a small inflatable baby pool to let baby play in.
You might also want to bring a lightweight baby blanket in case it gets cool or breezy, or for when your baby takes a nap. Make sure you have a great bag for packing baby’s beach goods (shop bags here).
Beach days with babies and toddlers are lots of fun! These are some of the ways to prepare and make them even more enjoyable!
Baby Beach Day Packing List
- Beach Bag
- Wagon (for hauling stuff)
- Blankets, towels, beach mats
- Baby blanket (such as muslin, or light cotton)
- Cooler/ice chest
- Sunscreen (including baby sunscreen)
- Sun Hat
- Swim Diapers
- Regular Diapers
- Water, beverages
- Bottles, sippy cups, other cups
- Formula or expressed breast milk
- Robe or cover-up
- Change of clothes
- Sandals, flip-flops, or water shoes
- Bags for trash, dirty diapers, wet clothes
- Toys (sand and other)
- First aid kit
- Water spray bottle
- Small inflatable baby pool
- Apply sunscreen before you go, once you get there, and every 2 hours!
- Use sunscreen stick for the face!
- Keep baby shaded, protected from the sun, and cool.
- Keep baby hydrated.
Visit www.kabanakids.com for all your beach family needs! Send us your comments to email@example.com. Sign up for our newsletter for updates and specials. Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your summer photos @kabanakids
- Lori Granieri
- Tags: baby beach baby beach day baby beach day trips baby beach how to baby beach tips baby beach trip baby beach trips baby firsts baby travel babys first beach day babys first beach trip babys first trip to the beach beach baby beach day with baby beach day with toddler beach family fun beach life with baby beach toddler beach with baby beach with toddler family beach day family beach trip fun baby beach day how to take baby to beach how to take toddler to beach plan baby beach day plan baby beach trip plan day at beach with baby safe baby beach day tips for beach with baby what to bring to the beach with baby what to bring to the beach with toddler